Smoking in the home will have an impact on everyone living and visiting that home. Toxins within cigarette smoke can remain within the home for 5 hours and can easily spread from room to room even with the doors closed.
How do I make my home Smokefree?
- Always go outside to smoke
- Ensure the door into the house is closed and no nearby windows are open
- Wear a jacket or coat whilst outside which can be removed once you re-enter the house
- Don’t smoke too close to the house
***These rules must NEVER be broken to ensure your house is completely Smokefree***
What are the benefits to making my home Smokefree?
- Those living with you or visiting will not be exposed to the harms of second hand smoke
- The risk of a fire in the home is reduced
- By smoking outside you are likely to smoke less, ensuring if you wanted to try and stop for good in the future you are much more likely to succeed
- You are being a role model for any young people in the home, those who live with a smoker and are exposed to it regularly are much more likely to smoke themselves when they are older