How do I make my home Smokefree?
- Always go outside to smoke
- Ensure the door into the house is closed and no nearby windows are open
- Wear a jacket or coat whilst outside which can be removed once you re-enter the house
- Don’t smoke too close to the house
**These rules must NEVER be broken for smokefree home**
What are the benefits to making my home Smokefree?
- Those living with you or visiting will not be exposed to the harms of second hand smoke
- The risk of a fire in the home is reduced
- By smoking outside you are likely to smoke less, ensuring if you wanted to try and stop for good in the future you are much more likely to succeed
- You are being a role model for any young people in the home, those who live with a smoker and are exposed to it regularly are much more likely to smoke themselves when they are older