A FREE Service lasting up to 24 weeks to support adults to lose weight, move more and maintain long term weight loss.
Who is the service aimed at?
- Aged 18+
- Those with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 and above, with exception to people from the BAME group and people with comorbidities such as hypertension, diabetes, cardiac and respiratory problems where the BMI is 25 or above
- Living or working in Scarborough
- Include BMI calculator
What options are available?
- Weekly Group sessions
- 1:1 (at the discretion of individual service providers) pre and post health assessments and throughout the 24 week intervention
- Each group sessions last 60 minutes Session just for healthy eating & physical activity based in a community setting
- Session made up of healthy eating & physical activity as a joint component
- Sessions offered in a range of community venues and a range of times across the Scarborough & Whitby locality