The benefits to being active are:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes and obesity.
- Reduces some of the effects of ageing
- Joints, tendons and ligaments will be more flexible
- Help maintain a healthy weight by increasing metobolism
- Can relieve stress and anxiety and make you feel happier
- Increases energy and endurance levels
To stay healthy or to improve health, adults need to do two types of physical activity each week: aerobic and muscle-strengthening activity. How much physical activity you need to do each week depends on your age.