Mental Health & Wellbeing Coaches now available through Hull GP Practices.
Working as part of the NHS Community Mental Health Transformation Plan, based within the public health provision of prevention, this is the first level of support for mental health provision throughout The East Riding and Hull Primary Care Network of GP Practice Surgeries. Aimed at relieving, the current pressure faced by the Community Mental Health Teams and GP surgeries relating to improving the mental health of their patients.
Our team of Mental Health and Wellbeing Coaches will be based within GP Practices supporting the low/moderate mental health needs of patients, working in conjunction with local services but also reporting and connecting directly with the Community Mental Health Teams for clinical step up, ensuring patients access the right help at the right time.
Meet the Hull team
What does a Mental Health & Wellbeing Coach support with?
- Low / moderate level Mental Health Issues
- Worry / Panic
- Feeling Lonely
- Bereavement Support / Loss and Grief
- Low Self Esteem
- Depression / Low Mood
- Sleep Hygiene
- Employment Stress
- Relationship Challenges
- Substance Misuse affecting behaviour
- Emotional Effects of COVID-19
The service delivery offer… What to expect?
- 6-8 sessions over 12 weeks, 1 hour sessions
- Recovery-focused ReQoL questionnaire / The Recovery Star ‘Ladder of Change’ Tool
- Holistic style sessions led by you
- Set goals are planned, based on the your own needs, and will be supported throughout the sessions
- Person-centred approach to support positive change
- To guide you through your recovery, and working where necessary in partnership with other services and teams relevant to your need as part of your care plan.
- Patients must be aged 18+
- Experiencing low to moderate mental health issues (moderate to serious mental health cases will be stepped up to the CMHT and Crisis Team in the usual way).
- Patient must be registered with a GP surgery in East Riding or Hull to access the service.
- NOTE: Mental Health & Wellbeing Coache’s are not clinically trained and will not be offering counselling / psychiatric support or providing medication however will aid in the facilitation of referrals to appropriate services as required.